Sunday, September 29, 2013

Checkered top

While I made a new top she made a guitar.

She disappeared into her room with an idea.
Hours later she reappeared with a huge grin on her face, a brand new guitar in her hands and a very urgent request. 'I need you to help me attach the strings. Now!'

I dropped everything immediately to help her because I understand. When I need her help to try the fit I can't wait either. And I should know how to be patient at my age.

The pattern for the top is from Happy Homemade vol. 2 - same as this one.




13 comments:

Jill said...

This post is awesome. I love your kid, and now that gap in her teeth! Ack!

Trula said...

I love the gap, too. How do they manage to make it look so beautiful. Imagine an adult walking around like that?

fanja said...

Very cute, the top, the guitar and the gap in her teeth.
Happy Monday!

Renee // nearest the pin said...

Gorgeous! I have this book too - you have inspired me to have another look at it, thank you!!

Trula said...

@Renee. I seem to go back to it, especially this pattern. It's easy so sew.

la casita said...

lovely! and that guitar, great!

(feeling a bit better, thanks for your words).
xx

artycho said...

Love your pics, the top and the awsome colourful guitar!

Lucinda Poel said...

Oh, how I love this top! and to have a guitar to go along with it . . . even better! Love your daughter's enthusiasm:)

csr said...

lovely ! Can I order an adult size? y la guitarra me encanta.
o.o

Trula said...

@csr. I'll add that order to the sweater and apron ;)

Laura said...

What a lovely top! And the guitar is so cool. I love your photoes.

Crystalyn said...

That guitar is brilliant! I love it. I just found your blog, you are very talented.

Craftysquirrel said...

Awesome top - and guitar too!